I am a graduate student currently pursuing the Robotics, Systems, and Control M.Sc at ETH Zurich. I completed my Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. During my time at IIT Kharagpur, I was a Student Researcher at the Autonomous Ground Vehicle Research Group and was associated with Technology Robotix Society, which aims to spread the culture of robotics in India through various events and workshops.
For my Bachelor thesis, I worked on Mapping of Archaeological sites using UAVs. I was supervised by Prof. Aamir Ahmad (Robot Perception Group, Max Planck Institute of Intelligent Systems) and co-supervised by Prof. Aditya Bandopadhyay from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Please visit the project website for further details (here) and a final version of my thesis can be downloaded here.
At the Autonomous Ground Vehicle Research group, I have worked on multiple modules of an autonomous vehicle, especially on lateral and longitudinal vehicle controls, path planning, and sensor fusion. You may browse through the Blog section to have a look at some of my recent experiences and projects. I established a group on Advanced Coordination Robotics in 2019 (with Sombit and Rishabh), wherein we have developed multiple UAV prototypes and are working on aspects of coordinated exploration and mapping using aerial and ground robots. This group was established under the M N Faruqui Innovation center initiative supervised by Prof. Aditya Bandopadhyay.
- [March 2022] Started working as a Research Assistant at Vision for Robotics Lab along with a Semester Project on "Map-fusion for Collaborative SLAM"
- [Dec 2021] Received the Dr. B C Roy Memorial Gold Medal for the best outgoing all-rounder among all B.Tech students and the Department Silver Medal (Mechanical Engineering) for having the highest GPA in Department
- [Dec 2021] Graduated with Bachelor of Technology (Honors) in Mechanical Engineering with a micro in Entrepreneurship and Innovation from IIT Kharagpur.
- [Sept 2021] Started my Masters in Robotics, Systems, and Control at ETH Zurich
- [Sept 2021] Received the ETH D-MAVT scholarship, a fully-funded scholarship to pursue masters at ETH.
- [July 2021] Started working as a volunteer at Robotic Systems Lab, ETH on the project "Lidar-based object detection for subterranean environments."
- [June 2021] Presented the paper "Collaborative Mapping of Archaeological Sites using multiple UAVs" at 16th Intelligent Autonomous Systems conference, IAS-16 Singapore.
- [May 2021] Presented my Bachelor Thesis titled "Archaeological Mapping using UAVs" in the department
- [March 2021] Our team won the Silver medal for the event "DGRE's Vision-based obstacle Avoidance" at the 9th Inter-IIT Tech meet, IIT Guwahati
I am doing my masters in Robotics at ETH. I did my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur. At ETH, I have completed the courses Vision Algorithms for Mobile Robotics, Planning and Decision Making for Autonomous Robots, Probabilistic Artificial Intelligence, Robot Dynamics and Dynamic Programming, and Optimal Control. Doing the course projects is by far the most exciting part for me wherein we can actually put our learnings to use in a practical manner.
I am particularly interested in field robotics with applications like search-and-rescue missions, precision agriculture, collaborative surveying, etc. I have had experience with diverse robotic platforms ranging from agile aerial robots to bulky ground robots. I find field-testing as the most exciting part of any project and I believe that we get to learn a lot more practical things when we test the codes and debug them on real hardware compared to testing on a simulator.
Apart from Robotics, I am a massive fan of Formula One. I am a supporter of Scuderia Ferrari, and Sebastian Vettel is my favorite driver. My favorite GP is the Circuit of Spa-Francorchamps. I am also a wildlife lover and photographer. I frequently visit National parks and sanctuaries all over India. I also love aerial videography though never get the time to create final content after editing 😅!