I am a graduate student currently pursuing the Robotics, Systems, and Control M.Sc at ETH Zurich. I completed my Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. During my time at IIT Kharagpur, I was a Student Researcher at the Autonomous Ground Vehicle Research Group and was associated with Technology Robotix Society, which aims to spread the culture of robotics in India through various events and workshops.
For my Bachelor thesis, I worked on Mapping of Archaeological sites using UAVs. I was supervised by Prof. Aamir Ahmad (Robot Perception Group, Max Planck Institute of Intelligent Systems) and co-supervised by Prof. Aditya Bandopadhyay from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Please visit the project website for further details (here) and a final version of my thesis can be downloaded here.
At the Autonomous Ground Vehicle Research group, I have worked on multiple modules of an autonomous vehicle, especially on lateral and longitudinal vehicle controls, path planning, and sensor fusion. You may browse through the Blog section to have a look at some of my recent experiences and projects. I established a group on Advanced Coordination Robotics in 2019 (with Sombit and Rishabh), wherein we have developed multiple UAV prototypes and are working on aspects of coordinated exploration and mapping using aerial and ground robots. This group was established under the M N Faruqui Innovation center initiative supervised by Prof. Aditya Bandopadhyay.
- [Sept 2021] Started my Masters in Robotics, Systems, and Control at ETH Zurich
- [Sept 2021] Received the ETH D-MAVT scholarship, a fully-funded scholarship to pursue masters at ETH.
- [Sept 2021] Received the SM Memorial Scholarship & KB Best All-rounder Award for being institute’s best all-rounder (Academic and extra-curricular) at the end of final year
- [July 2021] Started working as a volunteer at Robotic Systems Lab, ETH on the project "Lidar-based object detection for subterranean environments."
- [June 2021] Presented the paper "Collaborative Mapping of Archaeological Sites using multiple UAVs" at 16th Intelligent Autonomous Systems conference, IAS-16 Singapore.
- [May 2021] Completed B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with a micro in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- [May 2021] Presented my Bachelor Thesis titled "Archaeological Mapping using UAVs" in the department
- [March 2021] Our team won the Silver medal for the event "DGRE's Vision-based obstacle Avoidance" at the 9th Inter-IIT Tech meet, IIT Guwahati
I am doing my masters in Robotics at ETH. I did my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur. I have been fascinated by the core subjects like Kinematics of machines, Dynamics and Control theory. Academics have always remained my topmost priority. I always search for an opportunity to apply the theoretical learning into practical applications of robotics, the most recent being defining the DH parameters for a robotic arm.
My journey of robotics started with the LEGO Mindstorm NXT. During my freshman year, I started exploring different hardware platforms like Arduino and Raspberry Pi. I have been working on the ROS(Robot Operating System) platform for a couple of years now. I believe that we get to learn a lot more practical things when we test the codes and debug them on real hardware compared to testing on a simulator.
Apart from Robotics, I am a massive fan of Formula One. I am a supporter of Scuderia Ferrari, and Sebastian Vettel is my favourite driver. My favourite circuit is the Belgian GP. I am also a wildlife lover and photographer. I frequently visit National parks and sanctuaries all over India. In my free time, I like playing PC games. I love playing First-person shooters, but Age of Empires 2 is my all-time favourite.